Let Go of Lack & Get What You Want
I want more money, a partner, to be married, more clients, etc. We want these things and yet do we? If we really wanted them then why don’t we have them coming into our lives? Because somewhere in our consciousness or unconsciousness we have a set of ideas, beliefs or rules that create a state of lack (versus abundance).
To start uncovering how we keep ourselves in a mindset of lack we can ask ourselves what is it that we want. Having wants that are attached to a sense of lack creates a chasm between attracting what we want and possessing them in our lives. There is nothing wrong with having “wants” in and of themselves. It is trying to pursue wants from a state of lack – I don’t have them and therefore I cannot be happy until I get them.
The process of releasing our feelings or sense of lack involves these steps, which are abbreviated here:
- What is it that I want?
- What feelings (frustration, I am not creating what I want) come up in respect to this want?
- Am I willing to release these feelings?
- If so, let go of those feelings (this may take multiple iterations).
- Pay attention to any resistance you have to letting go of those feelings; repeat steps 2-4 on these deeper feelings.
- Now continue to pursue your wants while staying conscious of *feelings.
- Repeat steps 1-6 as often as you feel it will benefit.
*Are there deeper feelings coming up (*fear, I may fail if I try) related to a lack of receiving your wants. This fear can directly sabotage our creating what we want, because we avoid or resist at the same time so as to not feel the fear.
This is an abridged version of this process. What could you do if you had support in creating what you want? Are you ready to create more of what you want. Contact Ted Mersino at or (541) 515-4133.